Monday, November 12, 2012

Cheap Film Making Ideas
Episode #1 Lego Dolly

So while I was messing around with our dolly, I had this thought, what if amateur filmmakers  have more useful equipment than they think they do?  So this idea was formed, Cheap Film Making Ideas, where we share our ideas for getting quality effects for less money (Preferably none).

So this first episode is about a little table dolly I built for our camcorder.  Here are a few pictures:




Although a professional dolly will work better, and this dolly offers no securing systems for the camera, it works well enough for those who don't have enough money to build something like this dolly.

Here's some sample footage:
As you can see, there is some shaking in the shot, but it's better than I can do simply handheld.  I hope this helps some of you other "no budget" fellows out there.  If you have any suggestions, comments or questions, feel free to put them below.
Until next time, Jordy.


2 comments:

  1. A good office chair makes a good dolly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I think I'll have to try that. Can you build a whole tripod out of Legos next time? :-)

    ReplyDelete